Friday, April 6, 2007

Fibers

KnitPicks:
  • Memories - favorite, the colorways are great and the socks work up really fast on 3s
  • Swish
  • Merino
  • Telemark
  • Tweed - wonderful texture, knits up great on 3s

Socks That Rock - the best finished product; very expensive socks, but unmatchable colors

Lorna's Laces

Hill Country Farms

Mystical Creations

Fearless Fibers

Regia:

  • Silk - different colors knit up differently; white knits up beautifully; mocca goes fuzzy; I get my best fabric on 2s; very clear stitch definition
  • Colors

Koigu PPPM

Bernat Sox - knits up quickly; nice fabric; looks good on sizes 1-3

4 comments:

eKNITabeth said...

Bev,
My favorite thing about you (so far) is how little you say on your own webpage--very artistic, by the by--and how verbose you are when it comes to leaving comments on others' posts on the 52PP website!
I'm glad you decided to join our "little" KAL,
E.

Bev Love said...

So glad to be a part of this experience. We are making history!

Margie said...

I like your fiber list too. I have to agree about the Socks that Rock. The socks feel so great on your feet. I am working on my marble arches (another sock two) and the yarn is just like butter inmy hands. I also made a capelet last year from the heavy weight and it feels nice too.

Bev Love said...

Margie,
I bought some of the light weight to use for a shawl. I think it will be beautiful. It's cold in SF and under the billowing air conditioning in my office so I must constantly cover my neck. STR makes the most extraordinary colorways. Perfect for "small" apparel items. I would love a sweater or shell out of STR but . . .it's like making a shawl out of Koigu. . .